- Location: South Carolina
Personal Injury in South Carolina
Automobile accidents result in pain and suffering for all involved. These types of injuries are called personal injuries, and can mean anything from bumps and bruises to loss of limb or life. Personal injury can also mean lost wages or employment, and even hefty expenditures on medical care.
If you are involved in an automobile accident, it would be wise to contact an attorney specializing in personal injury, or tort, law. An experienced attorney can advise you, and many times the first consultation is free. Be sure to ask when you call to make an appointment.
After an accident, insurance companies may not be your best friends. They may try to make you settle for the least amount they can. An attorney can mediate between you and the insurance companies to ensure that you are adequately compensated.
Questions to Ask an Attorney
Before you visit an attorney specializing in pesonal injury cases, write down a list of questions to help guide the interview. The following list will help you get started.
- How much do you charge?
- When do I pay you?
- How long do you expect this case to take?
- Will you settle out of court? Do I have a voice in the decision?
- How and how often will you communicate with me concerning my case?
- If I don't win my case, how much money do I owe you?
For more information about motor-vehicle related laws and attorneys, visit our Automotive Law and Attorneys section.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard