DMV Appointments in South Carolina
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Purchase a DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet
The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offers an appointment system for driver's license testing and commercial driver's license (CDL) testing. See below for specific information.
Schedule a Road Test Appointment
You may schedule a road test appointment by contacting your local SC DMV office.
Schedule a CDL Test Appointment
You must make an appointment to take a CDL driving test at an approved DMV office. You may also contact the SC DMV Call Center at (803) 896-5000 to schedule an appointment.
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to the SC DMV. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our Online Services page.
Suggested Times to Visit the SC DMV
If you must pay a visit to your SC DMV, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday