Stay current on the safety laws in your state by clicking around on our page dedicated to that very subject.
With increased traffic (and in some cases, increased speed limits), the road doesn’t always feel like the safest place. That’s why we’ve put together this state-specific content to keep you and your family as informed and ultimately as safe as possible. We’ve gathered the latest on topics such as child safety seat laws, cell phone laws, and motorcycle helmet requirements.Choose Your State Safety Laws
If you’re planning a road trip that takes you across state lines, you’ll also want to check this page for any prohibited practices that could land you a ticket. For example, just because your state might not ticket you for talking on the cell phone while driving, doesn’t mean that the state next door won’t nab you for not using hands-free equipment.
Get the facts, get ‘em fast and feel safe getting on the road.Choose a State:
Can't Find What You're Looking For? Let us help you find it!Articles
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard
- Say Hello to Tougher Texting-While-Driving Penalties, New York!
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- California Bans Use of Cell Phone GPS While Driving
- Teen Driver Safety: Seat Belt Use
- Headlight Laws Vary Little Throughout the Nation
Local DMV Office