511 Traffic Systems in Rhode Island
Rhode Island participates in the 511 traffic information system program. Also known as America's Traveler Information Telephone Number, 511 is a valuable resource for both business and leisure travelers.
When you dial 511 from any phone within Rhode Island, you'll be automatically linked to the latest information regarding weather conditions, construction projects, accidents, and travel advisories for the state's roadways. If you are outside the state, simply dial (888) 401-4511 or visit the Transportation Management Center (TMC) website.
Going on a road trip? Check to see which states have 511 before you head out.
Other Topics in This Section
- Look for dynamic message signs and variable message signs are scattered throughout the state. These signs are controlled by the TMC office and provide traveler information as appropriate.
- TMC's radio station, 1630 AM, can be heard in Lincoln, Pawtucket, Providence, Johnston, Warwick, North Kingstown, South Kingstown, Newport, Narragansett, Westerly, and Richmond. Roadside signs will alert you when you're traveling into a broadcast zone, so you can tune in for updates as needed.
- COX Digital Cable subscribers have access to the Traffic Channel on channel 124. This station provides updated travel info as well as streaming video of events captured by TMC traffic control cameras.
Be a Hero
- Traffic Alerts
- 511 Traffic Systems
- Tire Recalls
- Safety Laws
- How Emotions Affect Driving
- Driving in Hazardous Conditions
- Teen Drivers: A Beginner's Guide
- Seniors: When To Turn Over The Car Keys
- Packing Your First-Aid Kit
- Seven Senior Safety Suggestions
- Wildlife on the Road
- When to Call Wildlife Rescue
- Taking A Mature Driver Course
- Medications & Driving
- Night Driving
- Hallucinations on the Road
- How To Drive Distraction Free
- Road Rage: How To Deal With It
heroes have registered as organ donors.