- Location: Rhode Island
RV & Motorhome Registration in Rhode Island
Get Free RV & Motor Home Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:
Rhode Island requires all pick-up campers, RVs, tent trailers, and motor homes to register through the Division of Motor Vehicles. The process varies little from registering a car, except that the fees are based on the weight of your vacation vehicle.
To register your vehicle, you'll need the following:
- A completed Application for Registration and Title Certificate. If you cannot download this file, you can pick up an application at any DMV office location.
- A signed Bill of Sale.
- The previous owner's title, if your vehicle was bought used.
- Enough money to pay sales tax, plate fees, and your registration fee.
Registration fees can range from $10 to $100. The lighter your vehicle, the less you pay. Because the fee is contingent on weight, it is strongly recommended to arrive at the DMV with a blank check. All registrations are valid for two years.
Keep in mind that neighboring Massachusetts does not require camper registration. Hence, if you buy a used camper, RV, or motor home in Massachusetts, you will have to endure additional calling to secure previous title verification before you can register in Rhode Island. However, it's a hassle that the Massachusetts DMV does its best to minimize.Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks