- Location: Rhode Island
Replacing a Lost Title in Rhode IslandCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
It's easy to get a duplicate title if you've lost or damaged yours, but it requires waiting in line at the Pawtucket DMV. This is the only DMV office where you can apply for a duplicate title. Make sure you go during office hours, which are Monday to Friday from 8:30 p.m.-3:15 p.m.
Do the following before you go:
- Complete a duplicate title application.
- Get the completed duplicate application notarized.
- Bring the $51.50 fee.
- Present materials to the Title Office at the Pawtucket DMV location:
- 100 Main St.
- Pawtucket, RI 02680
Notes on liens and lienholders:
Other Topics in This Section
- You can only apply for a duplicate title if you are the owner listed on the original title. If you still have a lien on the vehicle, the lienholder can apply.
- If your title has a lienholder listed on it but you've paid off the loan, you have to fill out a Release of Lien document and present it with your application.
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks