Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Replacing a Lost CDL in Rhode Island

    Compare Commercial Vehicle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    Replacement is Crucial

    If you lose your commercial driver's license (CDL), you will need to have it immediately replaced. To do so, visit any one of the DMV's eight locations and present one identity document and one signature document.

    Once your identification is verified, you'll be asked to pay a $26.50 fee before being issued a duplicate license.

    Other Steps

    Contacting the police is strongly encouraged, especially if you carry a CDL with a hazmat endorsement or have concerns about identity theft. You can also contact credit reporting agencies to let them know your license has been stolen.

    True or False

    Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.

    True False


    Every doctor's first priority is to save your life regardless of your organ donation status.

    More Organ Donor Myths ▸ Become an Organ Donor ▸