DMV Practice Tests in Rhode Island
Taking a practice exam is one of the best ways to ensure success on test day. Here, you'll learn what a DMV practice test is, how it can benefit you and help you pass the written exam, and the various types of tests available in Rhode Island.
What Is a RI DMV Practice Test?
In basic terms, a practice test is an enhanced study guide that will help you pass the written exam at the DMV.
The information you'll see on these industry-leading practice tests is presented in written test format, and all questions on these exams are sourced from the Rhode Island Driver's Manual.
Why Take a Practice Test?
You can and should use your Division of Motor Vehicles driver handbook to prepare for the Rhode Island written exam; however, doing so can be time-consuming, and review of key points can be difficult.
A DMV practice test will take the key information from the manual and form it into test questions you'll likely see on the written exam. In taking these tests, you'll get a preview of what you might see when you take your exam, so you'll come in to the test prepared.
The practice tests offered for Rhode Island feature two types of studying formats:
- Study Guide Format. During study guide mode, you're asked single questions and provided the answers immediately so you can learn while you take your test.
- Test Format. During test mode, random full-length tests are generated and scored when you finish. You are encouraged to keep taking tests until you are comfortable with all the material.
What Types of Practice Tests Are Offered?
The practice tests offered by our certified partner are presented to you in an online interactive format. This means you can study on your smartphone, tablet or computer.
For your convenience, these tests can also be printed and studied wherever you like, even in line at your local DMV.
You can choose to purchase a test with 50 questions, or a more comprehensive exam with 100 questions for additional practice.
Depending on your needs and license type, you can choose from the following types of DMV practice tests:
- Permit Practice Tests. These tests will help first-time drivers looking to apply for their Rhode Island learner's permit.
- Driver's License Practice Tests. These tests are geared for drivers with some experience who are taking their written exam for their full license.
- Motorcycle Practice Tests. These tests will cover the rules and laws specific to motorcycle operators.
- CDL Practice Tests. These CDL practice tests are aimed at RI drivers looking to obtain commercial license.
- CDL Endorsement Practice Tests. These tests provide specific information and laws for CDL endorsements often required for professional commercial drivers.
- Road Sign Practice Tests. Road sign practice tests will enhance a driver's familiarity with signs they may come across on Rhode Island roadways.
- Examen De Practica Para La Licencia (Practice Tests in Spanish). These practice tests are for Spanish-speaking residents.
About the RI Written Exam
Once you're confident with your practice test it's time to take the written test at the DMV. Although an appointment is not required, you can use our DMV Office Finder to find your nearest DMV location.
It's important to note that the written exam at the DMV is electronic, so you will be taking the test at a computer kiosk.
For more information, please refer to one of the following pages:
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Purchase a DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet