- Location: Rhode Island
Online Services in Rhode IslandPage Overview
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Rhode Island Driver’s License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Rhode Island Online Services
- Motor Carrier Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
What Rhode Island lacks in size, it more than makes up for with its hefty offering of online driver and vehicle services. Check out our full list of tasks RI residents can take care from their home computer.
Typically, driver services are handled through the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) of Rhode Island's Department of Revenue. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby RI DMV office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Renew your Rhode Island drivers license online.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Take care of traffic tickets.
- Make a change of address.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a RI drivers license practice test.
- Take a RI drivers permit practice test.
- Take a RI commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a RI motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Rhode Island Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
Consult our Driver’s License Checklist for complete details on getting licensed in Rhode Island.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Division of Motor Vehicles of Rhode Island's Department of Revenue. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby RI DMV office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Rhode Island.
- Renew Rhode Island vehicle registration online.
- Submit lien holder registrationonline.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Search for title records online.
- Learn more on RI smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Obtain Rhode Island license plates.
- Order Rhode Island vanity plates online.
- Replace a war veteran license plate online.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Rhode Island that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the Ocean State.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.