- Location: Rhode Island
Driver Handbook in Rhode IslandCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Rhode Island's Division of Motor Vehicles makes obtaining a license easy by offering a Driver's Manual free of charge. This 55-page medley of information serves as your prime study source for passing the written portion of your licensing exams. In it, you'll find every road rule, as well as an explanation of the legal repercussions for drinking and driving.
The state also offers a Spanish Driver's Manual. Just like the English version, it offers 55-pages of essential driving information.
If you are having trouble downloading either manual from the Rhode Island DMV website, you can pick up a copy at any of one of the DMV's eight statewide offices.
Drivers focused on applying for a commercial license can find a friend in the DMV's 117-page Commercial Driver's Manual. This book contains chapters on combination vehicles, transporting hazardous materials, air brakes, tire failure, road fatigue, and vehicle inspections.
Studying this manual will greatly improve your chances of passing Rhode Island's stringent CDL testing requirements.Other Topics in This SectionArticles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard