- Location: Rhode Island
Paperwork When Buying a Car in Rhode IslandGet detailed Vehicle History Report in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start a Search:
You can buy a car without registration papers, but if the vehicle is newer than 10 years old, the seller is required to provide the buyer with a title to complete the transaction.
Buyers should beware―if a person attempts to sell you a vehicle without a title, you probably want to pass. Not having a title could signal that the seller doesn't have permission to sell the car or possibly doesn't even own it. Ask the owner to apply for a duplicate before proceeding.
A bill of sale is needed when it comes time to register and title your vehicle. Plus, it's an important document to file in your records for "just in case" purposes. You can download one in seconds from our Bill of Sale page.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard