- Location: Rhode Island
Paperwork When Selling a Car in Rhode IslandCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Page Overview
To sell a car, you need to:
You can sell a car in Rhode Island without registration papers, but if the vehicle is newer than 10 years old, the seller is required to provide the buyer with a title to complete the transaction.
If you want to sell a vehicle to which you've lost the title, first apply for a duplicate title. Once you have that in hand, you can proceed with the sale.
You must bring the vehicle's plates and registration card to a DMV office. There, you'll receive a signed cancellation form, indicating the date the plates were canceled. Be sure to keep this receipt for your records.
You will need to provide the buyer with a bill of sale. You can download a copy of this form from our Bill of Sale page.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard