- Location: Rhode Island
Dealers Handbook in Rhode IslandCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Page Overview
While the Rhode Island Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) does not provide one comprehensive vehicle dealer handbook, the organization does offer a number of downloadable forms of use to those interested in the business of selling motor vehicles. For example:
- Minimum Requirements Needed to Apply for a Dealer's License
- Annex Application
- License Transfer Application
For additional information regarding motor vehicle dealer licensing procedures,
call (401) 588-3005 or write to:
- Rhode Island Dealers License and Regulations Office
- Division of Motor Vehicles
- 100 Main St.
- Providence, RI 02860
If you're interested in detailed information regarding laws, review Chapter 31-5 of Rhode Island's General Laws. Topics covered include:
- Application process
- Applicable licensing fees
- Examination of records
- Penalties for violations by dealers
- Criminal liability for violations
- Dealership violations that are considered serious enough to result in the loss of your license
- Hearings on the suspension or revocation of your license
Chapter 31-5.1, covering the regulation of business practices among motor vehicle manufacturers, dealers, and distributors may also be useful.
The Motor Vehicle Dealers License and Hearing Board is charged with overseeing the activities of used and new car dealers throughout the state. This board handles complaints from the general public as well as investigating misuse of dealer regulations.
Contact information and meeting minutes for the Motor Vehicle Dealers License and Hearing Board can be viewed on the Rhode Island Secretary of State website.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard