- Location: Rhode Island
Accident Guide in Rhode IslandCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Accidents can range from little fender benders to more serious collisions, so knowing what to do if you have an accident can relieve some of the stress. Try to move the accident off the road, especially if you're in an area where there's a chance to cause other accidents. Make sure everyone is okay, and if someone is injured, aid them the best you can and call an ambulance.
If everyone is fine, you'll want to exchange information for your insurance companies: name, telephone number, driver's license and insurance policy number.
The phone number for Rhode Island State Police is (401) 444-1000. Call them if you need assistance.
If someone is injured or the accident caused more than $1,000 of damage, law enforcement at the scene will file a police report. This will be automatically forwarded on to the Rhode Island Department of Transportation (DOT). No additional action is required by the involved motorists.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard