This topic contains state-specific information; to view it, please select the state you are interested in below.
Vehicle Registration Renewal
Before your vehicle registration expires, you’ll need to renew it with your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), Secretary of State (SOS), Department of Revenue (DOR) or Motor Vehicle Division (MVD).
Whether you are renewing the registration for your car, truck, motorcycle, electric car, off-road/recreation vehicle, or trailer, you’ll likely need to:
- Complete and sign your renewal notice/application.
- Include your driver license number and vehicle’s license plate number.
- Pay the appropriate vehicle registration renewal fee.
- Pass a vehicle inspection, smog check, or emission test.
- Submit your registration forms and payment to the DMV, SOS, DOR, or MVD.
When you complete your registration renewal, you’ll receive a new vehicle registration card and license plate registration sticker.
Renew Your Vehicle Registration in Your State
Click your state below for information on renewing your car, truck, motorcycle, or ATV/recreational vehicle registration.
Whether your state sends you a registration renewal notice or not, you’ll find the necessary steps to renew your registration on your state’s page.Choose a State:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
Provide FeedbackFind Your
Local DMV Office