- Location: Pennsylvania
Special Licenses in PennsylvaniaPage Overview
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Pass a physical administered by a school transportation physician.
- Submit a Commercial Learner's Permit Application.
- Pass vision and screening tests, as well as exams for a passenger endorsement, school bus endorsement, commercial general knowledge and, if applicable, air brakes.
- Complete a minimum of 20 hours of school bus instructions (14 hours classroom training, six hours in-bus training).
- Pass a road test
- Conduct a simulated or actual railroad crossing and demonstrate the proper techniques involving letting students off a bus.
- Pass a criminal background check conducted by the Pennsylvania State Police.
- Pass a child abuse history check conducted by the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare
A commercial driver's license (CDL) is not required if you operate a shuttle van or bus designed for 15 passengers or fewer.
- Own a valid and current driver's license.
- Present one other form of identification.
- Complete a Taxi Driver's Certificate Application.
- Accede to a State Police criminal background check within 60 days prior to submitting your Taxi Driver's Certificate Application.
- Accede to a driver history background check from the Department of Transportation within 60 days prior to submitting your Taxi Driver's Certificate Application.
Pennsylvania does not require a chauffeur's license.
- Kids under 10 cannot operate a snowmobile on public land.
- Kids 10 through 16 cannot operate a snowmobile on public land unless they've completed a snowmobile safety course and own a snowmobile safety training certificate.
All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV)
Other Topics in This SectionTrue or False
- Kids under eight cannot operate an ATV on state-owned land.
- Riders eight and nine are restricted to an engine size of 70cc or less.
- Kids eight through 16 can operate an ATV on public land only if they're accompanied by someone 18 or older, or if they've completed an ATV safety training course.
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.