- Location: Pennsylvania
RV & Motorhome Registration in Pennsylvania
Get Free RV & Motor Home Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:Page OverviewPennsylvania requires all pick-up campers, RVs, tent trailers, and motorhomes to be registered through the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT). The process is similar to registering a car except that the fees are based on the size of your vehicle and you're given the option of registering on a seasonal basis.
If you own a van that you want to register as a motorhome, the state requires that its interior be fitted with a permanent bed, kitchen facilities, and/or a desk. And when registering you must also submit a Certificate of Compliance (Form MV-2); you can grab one at a Driver License Center.
- Complete a Request for Registration. If you are renewing, this will be mailed to you.
- Include your insurance information on the form. Your application will be immediately rejected if your insurance information is absent.
- Be sure to also ink in your vehicle's odometer reading.
- Write a check or money order for the proper fee (see below).
- Complete an Application for Seasonal Vehicle Registration.
- Be sure to include the month you want your seasonal registration to expire.
- Include a check (made out to "Commonwealth of Pennsylvania") or money order for the proper fee (see below).
Mail to or drop off at:
- Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- 1101 South Front St.
- Harrisburg, PA 17104-2516
- Passenger vehicle or camper van: $36
- Motorhome (less than 5,000 pounds): $45
- Motorhome (8,001-11,000 pounds): $63
- Motorhome (more than 11,000 pounds): $81
Other Topics in This Section
- Passenger vehicle or camper van: $3
- Motorhome (less than 5,000 pounds): $3.75
- Motorhome (8,001-11,000 pounds): $5.25
- Motorhome (more than 11,000 pounds): $6.75
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks