RV & Motorhome Registration in PennsylvaniaPage Overview
Pennsylvania requires all pick-up campers, RVs, tent trailers, and motorhomes to be registered through the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT). The process is similar to registering a car except that the fees are based on the size of your vehicle and you're given the option of registering on a seasonal basis.
If you own a van that you want to register as a motorhome, the state requires that its interior be fitted with a permanent bed, kitchen facilities, and/or a desk. And when registering, you must also submit a Motor Home Certificate of Compliance for Van/Mini-Van Vehicles (Form MV-2); you can also grab one at a Driver License Center.
- Complete a Request for Registration (Form MV-140). If you are renewing, this will be mailed to you.
- Include your insurance information on the form. Your application will be immediately rejected if your insurance information is absent.
- Be sure to also ink in your vehicle's odometer reading.
- Write a check or money order for the proper fee (see below).
- Complete an Application for Seasonal Vehicle Registration (Form MV-140SV).
- Be sure to include the month you want your seasonal registration to expire.
- Include a check (made out to "Commonwealth of Pennsylvania") or money order for the proper fee (see below).
Mail to or drop off at:
- Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- 1101 South Front St
- Harrisburg, PA 17104
Seasonal registration fees can be viewed on the Application for Seasonal Vehicle Registration (Form MV-140).Other Topics in This SectionBe a Hero
heroes have registered as organ donors.