Replacing a Lost CDL in Pennsylvania

Replace Right Away

Though not mandatory, should your commercial driver's license (CDL) get lost or stolen, it is strongly recommended that you notify the police. This can help protect you in case someone tries to use your license fraudulently.

No matter how your CDL went missing, you will need to apply for a duplicate right away with the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT). To do so, complete an application for a replacement and have it notarized. Then send it, along with a $12 fee or $17 for CDL with motorcycle (check or money order), to:

  • PennDOT
  • Bureau of Driver Licensing
  • P.O. Box 68272
  • Harrisburg, PA 17106-8272

Depending on your situation, the bureau will then either mail you a fully processed CDL or a camera card―a temporary CDL that will give you 60 days to have your new license photo snapped at a Photo Driver's License Center.

Finding a CDL

Should you find your original CDL after receiving a duplicate, you will need to surrender it along with a letter explaining the circumstances to the address above. Holding onto your original serves no purpose; once the duplicate is issued, your original CDL is no longer valid.

Related Content

Provide Feedback

Looking for Replacing a Lost CDL in Another State?