DMV Practice Tests in Pennsylvania
Preparing for the written test has never been more convenient thanks to these online practice tests from our certified partner. You can study the tests online and even in line while you're at the DMV.
|Driver Permit Test Packages||
|Package Price||$9.99||$14.99||$24.99||Free with
|Number of Questions||50||100||100||25|
|100% Online Practice Test|
|State Specific Questions||-|
|State Driver Preparation Course||-||-||-|
|Start Test||Start Test||Start Test||Register|
From learner's permits to commercial driver's licenses (CDL), passing written knowledge tests is key to getting you on the road. By taking practice tests and utilizing other learning resources, you can make sure you go into your test day armed with the knowledge you need to ace that exam.
DMV Practice Tests in Pennsylvania
You can find practice tests online that will help you prepare to test for the type of license you desire.
Pennsylvania Driver and Vehicle Services practice tests include the following:
- Learner's Permit – All new drivers must get a learner's permit before getting their driver's license. This practice test will help you master the information you need to pass the knowledge test the first time.
- Driver's License – These tests are for new adult drivers and those drivers who have to take the knowledge test again, e.g., to renew a license.
- Motorcycle License – If you want a motorcycle license, be ready to pass a written exam based on motorcycle riding rules.
- CDL – Commercial drivers must pass a written exam based on CDL rules. This practice test will help you learn these very specific requirements.
- CDL Endorsements – Depending on the vehicle you drive and what you transport, you may have to test in order to obtain certain endorsements such as a HAZMAT endorsement.
- Road Signs – You will need to correctly identify road signs on the knowledge test. Use this practice test to help familiarize yourself with signage.
Taking practice tests aren't the only way you can prepare for the written knowledge exam.
Use these resources to help further your studying:
- DMV Study Guide – This concise outline consists of information that is sure to be on the knowledge test. You can use these on your phone, tablet, or even print them out and take them on the go.
- Driver Prep Course – This multimedia course takes a fun approach at teaching the driver's manual to new Pennsylvania drivers.
What to Expect on the PA Knowledge Test
The Pennsylvania driver's license written exam will test your knowledge on the following:
- Road signs.
- Traffic laws.
- Driving rules.
- Safe driving practices.
The following are samples of questions you are likely to see on your Pennsylvania written exam:
You may turn right on a red light:
- At any time.
- After you stop and check for traffic and pedestrians.
- If you slow down first.
- While you are in the left lane.
When driving near a blind pedestrian with a white cane or guide dog, you should:
- Proceed normally.
- Drive faster.
- Slow down and be prepared to stop.
- Take the right-of-way.
You must stop when you see a:
- Steady yellow light.
- Green light.
- Flashing yellow light.
- Flashing red light.
At a stop sign, if you cannot get a good view of cross-street traffic when stopped behind the white line, you should:
- Pull forward slowly, check for traffic and pedestrians, and then proceed when clear.
- Sound your horn and then proceed.
- Wait 5 seconds.
- Proceed as normal.
On your test day, do not forget to bring:
- Your Social Security card.
- A valid form of ID.
- Proof of Pennsylvania residency if you are 18 years old or older.
- Check or money order for any applicable fees.
This is a big day for you. Make sure you are ready to make it a happy day.
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It’s like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle & CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee