Special Vehicles in PennsylvaniaCompare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Register all snowmobiles and ATVs with the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR). There are two types of registrations, depending on your use.
If you use the snowmobile or ATV off of your own property, such as State Forest trails or leased land, you must register it. Fees and instructions are available on the DCNR website.
If you only use them on your own land or land leased by you, the registration is free and has no expiration date, unless the owner or the use of the snowmobile change.
Titles are required on most snowmobiles and ATVs, but there are exceptions based on when you purchased the vehicle and how you use it. See the DCNR website for more information.
If you are a Pennsylvania resident, but own and operate a snowmobile or an ATV only in another state, you are not required to title it in Pennsylvania.
When you register and title your snowmobile and ATV, you'll need to provide the Application Form (Form DCNR0043), proof of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), proof that sales tax has been paid, and the appropriate fees.
To register your homemade trailer, or one made from a kit, you must have the trailer pass a safety inspection. This must take place at a state-approved safety inspection station. Your trailer will be photographed during the inspection.
After passing, present the inspector or certified document reviewer with:
- Completed Application for Reconstructed, Specially Constructed, Collectible, Modified, Flood, Recovered Theft Vehicles and Street Rods (Form MV-426B).
- Proof of ownership (title, Manufacturer's Statement of Origin or Certificate of Origin, bill of sale).
- Completed form MV-1 (unavailable online).
- Detailed description on how the vehicle was assembled
Be sure to check out DMV.org's extensive list of registration information, including all the details for:Other Topics in This Section
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸