- Location: Pennsylvania
Online Services in PennsylvaniaPage Overview
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Pennsylvania Driver’s License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Pennsylvania Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
Taking care of driving-related business can take precious time. Fortunately, Pennsylvania residents have a slew of online options when it comes to driver and vehicle services. Check the following to see if you can skip the trip to a PennDOT office. Chances are you can accomplish your task faster than you can say, "Philly cheese steak."
Typically, driver services are handled through the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby PennDOT office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Request your PA drivers license restoration requirements letter online.
- Pay your PA drivers license restoration fee online.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Submit your 10-year drivers license information online (CDL holders only)
- Renew your drivers license or photo ID online.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Pay a traffic ticket fine online.
- Change the address on your drivers license or photo ID online.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Schedule a driver's test online.
- Cancel or reschedule a driver's test online.
- Schedule a special points test online.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a PA drivers license practice test.
- Take a PA drivers permit practice test.
- Take a PA commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a PA motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Pennsylvania Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
Consult our Driver’s License Checklist for complete details on getting licensed in Pennsylvania.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby PennDOT office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Pennsylvania.
- Request your PA vehicle registration restoration requirements letter online.
- Renew Pennsylvania vehicle registration online.
- Renew Pennsylvania trailer registration online.
- Change the address listed on your vehicle registration online.
- Change the address listed on your trailer registration online.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Learn more on PA smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Obtain Pennsylvania license plates.
- Check for available personalized plates online in Pennsylvania.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Pennsylvania that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the Keystone State.
- Pay your financial responsibility (insurance) restoration fee online.
- Buy car insurance.
- Buy motorcycle insurance.
- Buy commercial auto insurance.
- Buy boat insurance.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard