Motorcycle Registration in PennsylvaniaCompare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Just like cars, all motorcycles in Pennsylvania are required by law to be registered with the Department of Transportation (PennDOT). To do so you must initially register in person at any Driver License Center.
The lines tend to be long, so prepare accordingly. And if possible, try to avoid visiting at the first and last of each month, for the lines during these times have been known to cause grown men to weep openly.
What to Bring
- Form MV-1. This can't be downloaded, but you can pick it up at any Driver License Center.
- A valid title.
- Proof of insurance. It must be with a Pennsylvania insurance company.
- Proper identification.
- Tracing or verification of your motorcycle's vehicle identification number (VIN). It must be verified by either an inspection mechanic or a dealership notary.
- A check or money order to pay the $18 registration fee.
New residents to the state have 20 days to register their motorcycles. Registration processing takes about 10 days, and after you receive your registration in the mail you will have another 10 days to get your motorcycle inspected.Other Topics in This SectionCompare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:True or False
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.