Salesperson License in Pennsylvania
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
A vehicle salesperson license is required in Pennsylvania to sell cars at a dealership.
Complete a Salesperson Initial License Application and mail it along with a $25 check and, if applicable, any previous conviction information to:
- Vehicle Board
- P.O. Box 2649
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17105-2649
After mailing the application, you have 90 days to submit to a criminal background check conducted by the state police.
You cannot begin selling until you are approved by the Vehicle Board.
If approved, your salesperson license will be mailed to your employer.
All salesperson licenses expire on May 31st of each odd-numbered year.
If you change dealerships, you must submit to the Vehicle Board a completed Salesperson Change of Employer/Reactivating License Application.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.