DMV Appointments in Pennsylvania
Registering a car?
It's a good time to check car insurance rates
Find the lowest rate among top providers.Page Overview
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) has an online appointment scheduler.
The following road tests are covered by the PennDOT appointment system:
- Driver's license road test
- Motorcycle license road test
- Commercial driver's license (CDL) road test
- Written special points test
You may schedule a road test at any PennDOT location that offers the services you need. Contact your local PennDOT office for specific information.
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to the PennDOT. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our Online Services page.
If you must pay a visit to a PennDOT office, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
Other Topics in This Section
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday