DMV Appointments in Pennsylvania
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) has an online appointment scheduler.
The following road tests are covered by the PennDOT appointment system:
- Driver's license road test
- Motorcycle license road test
- Commercial driver's license (CDL) road test
- Written special points test
You may schedule a road test at any PennDOT location that offers the services you need. Contact your local PennDOT office for specific information.
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to the PennDOT. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our Online Services page.
If you must pay a visit to a PennDOT office, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday