DMV Appointments in Pennsylvania
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) has an online appointment scheduler.
The following road tests are covered by the PennDOT appointment system:
- Driver's license road test
- Motorcycle license road test
- Commercial driver's license (CDL) road test
- Written special points test
You may schedule a road test at any PennDOT location that offers the services you need. Contact your local PennDOT office for specific information.
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to the PennDOT. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our Online Services page.
If you must pay a visit to a PennDOT office, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!