Accident Guide in Pennsylvania
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Accidents happen. If you're involved in an accident, pull reports will need to be completed for a variety of reasons, including insurance claims and driving records. If law enforcement does not work the accident, you'll need to complete a report when the accident:
- Causes injury or death to any person
- Does enough damage to a vehicle that it can't be driven away from the scene and requires towing
Every driver involved in the accident must complete Form AA-600 within five days of the accident. If more than two vehicles are involved, use additional copies of the report as needed. Send the completed report to:
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- Bureau of Highway Safety and Traffic Engineering
- P.O. Box 2047
- Harrisburg, PA 17105-2047
Keep copies of the report for your own records; if you need them at a later date, you'll have to pay $5 to get copies from the DOT.
You'll need to obtain several pieces of information before you leave the scene. Exchange names, addresses, phone numbers, driver's license numbers, tag numbers, and insurance information with all drivers involved. The AA-600 form asks for this information.
Be sure to get the names and addresses of any witnesses, if applicable, and full descriptions of all vehicles.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.