Scooters, Mopeds, Etc...Not everyone rides a full-blown street hog; many motorcycle lovers start out, or simply prefer, the ease of handling and gas efficiency of a smaller ride. Whether yours is a moped or a scooter, there are state regulations on how and when you need to make your bike legal.
On these pages, the team at DMV.org has spelled out the rules that regulate proper ownership of motorized vehicles other than regular motorcycles that is covered in depth in our motorcycle-specific pages.
Scooter or moped owners should check these pages for the very latest on what kind of license you need to hold, what training you need to acquire, and what steps you need to take to register your motor-driven cycle.
Choose Your StateChoose a State:
Can't Find What You're Looking For? Let us help you find it!Articles
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard