511 Traffic Systems in Oregon
The U.S. Department of Transportation, with the approval of the Federal Communications Commission, developed the Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) to increase the traffic efficiency and safety on the nation's roadways.
The ITS gathers information about almost everything that can impair the ability of motorists to arrive at their destination safely and smoothly, such as detours, accidents, road closures, poor weather conditions, and dangerous roadway surfaces.
To access the system within Oregon, simply dial 511 or (800) 977-ODOT on a cell or landline phone. Those outside the state may dial (503) 588-2941 to access the Oregon information.
You'll be greeted with a series of instruction prompts guiding you on how to obtain the information you need.Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section
- Traffic Alerts
- 511 Traffic Systems
- Tire Recalls
- Safety Laws
- How Emotions Affect Driving
- Driving in Hazardous Conditions
- Teen Drivers: A Beginner's Guide
- Seniors: When To Turn Over The Car Keys
- Packing Your First-Aid Kit
- Seven Senior Safety Suggestions
- Wildlife on the Road
- When to Call Wildlife Rescue
- Taking A Mature Driver Course
- Medications & Driving
- Night Driving
- Hallucinations on the Road
- How To Drive Distraction Free
- Road Rage: How To Deal With It
Provide FeedbackBe a Hero
heroes have registered as organ donors.