RV & Motorhome Registration in Oregon
Get Free RV & Motor Home Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:
The Oregon Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) defines recreational vehicles (RVs) and motor homes as any vehicle designed, reconstructed, or permanently altered as a facility for habitation, meaning permanent sleeping and cooking features. This includes permanently mounted campers on pickup trucks and frames.
Oregon RV or motor home owners must meet the state's residency requirements to register their vehicles with the DMV.
To register an RV or motor home in Oregon:
- Fill out an Application for Title and Registration (Form 735-226).
- Pay the appropriate fees, calculated by length of vehicle.
Motor home and RV registration in Oregon lasts for 2 years.
The plates for such vehicles are yellow with blue lettering and numbering. Motor homes and RVs may also have a number of different custom plates, including disabled veteran, National Guard, Ex-POW, and Ham radio plates. These vehicles will be issued 2 plates, which must be displayed on the front and rear of the vehicle.
You may also obtain a recreational trip permit from the Oregon DMV for anywhere up to 10 days, if you need to move your unregistered RV. You cannot obtain permits totaling more than 10 days in 1 year.
To obtain a trip permit, you must provide the following information:
- Name, address, and driver license or ID number.
- Vehicle information, including make, model and vehicle identification number (VIN).
- Proof of ownership.
- Insurance information including company name and policy number.
- Fee of $30.
Send the information to the DMV at:
- Oregon DMV
- 1905 Lana Ave NE
- Salem, OR 97314
Campers and Travel Trailers
If your recreational vehicle is not permanently attached to the motor vehicle it is mounted on, it may be classified as a camper. Similarly, a camper that is permanently mounted on a trailer is defined as a travel trailer.Other Topics in This Section
True or False
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.