Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • RV & Motorhome Registration in Oregon

    OR RV & Motorhome Registration

    The Oregon Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV) defines recreational vehicles (RVs) and motor homes as any vehicle designed, reconstructed, or permanently altered as a facility for habitation, specifically meaning permanent sleeping and cooking features. This includes permanently mounted campers on pickup trucks and frames.

    You must be an Oregon resident, meaning that your main home is in Oregon, to register your RV or motor home with the Oregon DMV. For more information about Oregon residency, see the state's residency requirements.

    OR RV Registration Requirements

    When you buy an RV or motorhome, you must title and register it with the DMV. If you buy the vehicle from a dealership, the dealer will usually handle the registration and title paperwork for you. However, if you buy from a private seller, you'll need to ensure that you get the appropriate paperwork to submit to the DMV yourself.

    To register an RV or motor home with the Oregon DMV:

    • Submit the Application for Title and Registration (Form 735-226).
    • Provide proof of ownership (e.g. title, Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin, etc.).
    • Pay the required fees:
      • Fees are based on vehicle length (i.e. Motorhomes 6 to 14 feet long cost $54. Refer to the OR DMV for a complete list of fees.

    Your registration will be good for 2 years. See our page Registration Renewal in Oregon for renewal information.

    RV License Plates

    The license plates for RVs and motor homes are yellow with blue lettering and numbering. Motor homes and RVs may also have a number of different custom plates, including those for disabled veterans, National Guard, Ex-POW, and Ham radio operators.

    Recreational vehicles will be issued 2 plates, which must be displayed on BOTH the front and rear of the vehicle.

    Campers and Travel Trailers

    If your recreational vehicle is not permanently attached to the motor vehicle it is mounted on, it may be classified as a camper. Similarly, a camper that is permanently mounted on a trailer is defined as a travel trailer.

    Campers and travel trailers must also be titled and registered with the Oregon DMV. However, if a travel trailer is longer than 45 feet, it cannot be registered.

    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.