- Location: Oregon
Replacing a Lost Title in OregonCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
The Oregon DMV can only replace a title if it has been lost, destroyed, or damaged. And, the DMV will only consider a stolen title as "lost" if an unknown party has taken it. If you suspect or know who stole the title, the DMV will not issue you a replacement.
In the case that your title has been lost, destroyed, or damaged, you can take the following three steps to apply for a replacement:
- Complete the Application for Replacement Title. Note that all owners on the title must sign.
- Pay the appropriate fees. DMV only accepts checks or money orders made out to "Oregon DMV." A replacement title typically costs $77, depending on the class of vehicle. Check the DMV's fee list to see what you have to pay.
- Take your completed materials to your local DMV office or mail it to the following address:
Other Topics in This Section
- Oregon DMV
- 1905 Lana Ave NE
- Salem, OR 97314
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸