Replacing a Lost Title in Oregon
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
The Oregon DMV can only replace a title if it has been lost, destroyed, or damaged. And, the DMV will only consider a stolen title as "lost" if an unknown party has taken it. If you suspect or know who stole the title, the DMV will not issue you a replacement.
In the case that your title has been lost, destroyed, or damaged, you can take the following three steps to apply for a replacement:
- Complete the Application for Replacement Title. Note that all owners on the title must sign.
- Pay the appropriate fees. DMV only accepts checks or money orders made out to "Oregon DMV." A replacement title typically costs $77, depending on the class of vehicle. Check the DMV's fee list to see what you have to pay.
- Take your completed materials to your local DMV office or mail it to the following address:
- Oregon DMV
- 1905 Lana Ave NE
- Salem, OR 97314
Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.