Online Services in Oregon
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Oregon Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Oregon Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
Sometimes, a trip to the DMV can feel like a trek down the Oregon Trail―long, arduous and exhausting. Fortunately, Oregon residents can take advantage of numerous online driver and vehicle services. Save yourself some time and possibly the hassle of a trip to your local motor vehicle branch office by checking our list below.
Online Driver Services:
Typically, driver services are handled through the Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV) of the Oregon Department of Transportation. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby OR DMV office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your driver's license.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Pay a traffic ticket fine online.
- Change your drivers license address online.
- Complete an alternate change of address form online.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Oregon Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a OR drivers license practice test.
- Take a OR drivers permit practice test.
- Take a OR commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a OR motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study an Oregon Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in an Oregon traffic school course if you received a traffic ticket.
Reports and Records for Individuals
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Other Oregon Online Services
Online Vehicle Services:
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV) of the Oregon Department of Transportation. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby OR DMV office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Change your address on file online with the OR DMV.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Oregon.
- Renew an Oregon vehicle registration online.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Learn more on OR smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Obtain Oregon license plates.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need below; our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Vehicle Insurance Services
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Oregon that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Notify the OR DMV of a vehicle sale or ownership transfer online.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.