Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Name Change in Oregon

    Oregon Name Change Package - $29.95

    Miss Now Mrs's Name Change Packages automates the completion of the required forms to change your name in Oregon. Simply complete a quick questionnaire, print out the forms and file them. It couldn't be easier.

    Get Started

    Continue »

    Name Change Package
    Includes Forms for:

    • Drivers License
    • Vehicle Title
    • Registration
    • IRS
    • Voter Registration
    • US Passport
    • Bank Notification
    • Credit Card Notification
    • Insurance Notification

    Changing Your Name on a Driver's License, ID Card, or Permit

    You can change your name on a driver's license, ID card, or permit by going to a local DMV office with the following materials:

    Changing Your Name on a Title

    If your name changes legally, state law requires that you correct the information on your title within 30 days. Take the following steps to apply for a title with your new name:

    1. Turn in your current title.
    2. Submit a completed Application for Title and Registration (Form 735-226).
    3. You must write on the application a statement of identity. Something like "John Doe and John Smith is the same person due to legal name change" will be sufficient. DMV often finds it helpful if you include copies of your driver's license.
    4. Pay the $77 fee. (The fee will be $90 if you have a heavy vehicle.)
    5. Take your completed materials to your local DMV office or mail them to:

    Oregon DMV
    1905 Lana Avenue NE
    Salem, OR 97314

    Changing Your Name on a Registration

    Changing your name on your title automatically changes it on your registration as well. You should take the steps above to apply for a title in your new name.

    Changing Your Name on a Social Security Card

    To change your name with the Social Security Administration (SSA), visit the agency's site.

    Other Topics in This Section