Changing Your Name in Oregon
Oregon Name Change Package - $29.95
Miss Now Mrs's Name Change Packages automates the completion of the required forms to change your name in Oregon. Simply complete a quick questionnaire, print out the forms and file them. It couldn't be easier.
Name Change Package
Includes Forms for:
- Drivers License
- Vehicle Title
- Voter Registration
- US Passport
- Bank Notification
- Credit Card Notification
- Insurance Notification
You can change your name on a driver's license, ID card, or permit by going to a local DMV office with the following materials:
- A completed Application for Driving Privileges or ID Card (Form 735-173) OR Commercial Driver License Application (Form 735-175).
- Proof of your name.
- Proof of your legal U.S. presence, identity, and date of birth.
- Proof of your Oregan residency, if required.
- Payment for the replacement fee.
If your name changes legally, state law requires that you correct the information on your title within 30 days. Take the following steps to apply for a title with your new name:
- Turn in your current title.
- Submit a completed Application for Title and Registration (Form 735-226).
- You must write on the application a statement of identity. Something like "John Doe and John Smith is the same person due to legal name change" will be sufficient. DMV often finds it helpful if you include copies of your driver's license.
- Pay the $77 fee. (The fee will be $90 if you have a heavy vehicle.)
- Take your completed materials to your local DMV office or mail them to:
1905 Lana Avenue NE
Salem, OR 97314
Changing your name on your title automatically changes it on your registration as well. You should take the steps above to apply for a title in your new name.
To change your name with the Social Security Administration (SSA), visit the agency's site.Organ Donation Survey
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸