Name Change in Oregon
Oregon Name Change Package - $29.95
These industry-leading Name Change Packages automate the completion of the forms required to change your name in Oregon. Just complete the quick questionnaire, print the forms, and file them. Changing your name has never been easier.
Name Change Package
Includes Forms for:
- Drivers License
- Vehicle Title
- Voter Registration
- US Passport
- Bank Notification
- Credit Card Notification
- Insurance Notification
Continue reading this page for instructions on changing your name with the Oregon Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV).
If you’ve recently changed your name due to marriage, divorce, or any other reason, you’ll need to update the Social Security Administration (SSA) and obtain an updated Social Security card.
You’ll need to submit the following documents to your local SSA office either by mail or in person:
- Application for a Social Security Card (Form SS-5).
- Documents proving your:
- Identity (e.g. driver’s license, ID card, passport).
- U.S. citizenship OR lawful presence (e.g. U.S. birth certificate, U.S. citizenship certificate, work permit and I-94).
- Name change (e.g. divorce decree, marriage certificate, court order).
Once the SSA have processed and approved your request, they will send you your updated Social Security card showing your new name within about 10 business days.
To change your name on your OR driver’s license, commercial driver’s license (CDL), or ID card, you must visit your local Oregon DMV office in person and:
- Submit a completed application form:
- Present proof of your:
- Name (e.g. marriage certificate, divorce decree, court order).
- Legal U.S. presence, identity, and date of birth (e.g. U.S. birth certificate, U.S. citizenship certificate, employment authorization card).
- Oregon residence, if required (e.g. driver’s license, car registration card, pay check).
- Provide your Social Security number (SSN).
- Have a new photo taken.
- Pay the driver’s license fee.
If you own a car in Oregon, you’ll also need to change your name on your car title and registration (see below).
After changing your name, you must update your certificate of title and registration card within 30 days.
- Your current certificate of title.
- A completed Application for Title and Registration (Form 735-226).
- Make a note on the application that you are the same person and it’s just your name that is changing.
- Include your driver’s license number and date of birth.
- Payment for the title fee.
Take the form in person to your local Oregon DMV office, or mail it to:
1905 Lana Avenue NE
Salem, OR 97314
- Driver’s license: $26.50.
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL): $26.50.
- ID card: $39.50.
- Title certificate: $77.
- Title certificate (heavy vehicles): $90.
Accepted Payment Methods
Oregon Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV) offices accept payment by cash or check only. They do not accept credit or debit cards.
If you move to a new address in Oregon, you must notify the DMV within 30 days of the move. You can make this change either:
- By mail
- In person.
For complete instructions, visit our Change of Address in Oregon page.