Change of Address in Oregon

For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.

Service Comparison State Motor Vehicle Agency
Online Registration
Same Day Processing
E-Copy of Registration No
Next Day Delivery No
Alternate Mailing Address Requires Address Change
Phone Support No
Convenience Fee $0 $29
Learn More Do it for me

Start Your CaReg Expedited Registration Renewal

SUMMARY: How to Change Your Address in Oregon

Changing your address on your OR DMV records is free and can be done online, by mail, or in person. You will be given an address sticker to attach to your driver's license/ID card. If you'd like replacement documents, you'll need to apply for duplicates and pay a fee.

This page will give you everything you need to know about changing your address with the Oregon Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV).

Change Your Name with the OR DMV

If you've changed your address in Oregon, you'll need to notify the OR DMV within 30 days of your move. You can submit your address change either online, by mail, or in person.

(If you'd like your voter registration information updated also, you'll need to change your address by mail.)

NOTE: If you've moved to another country, you'll need to submit your address change online using the Alternate Online Change of Address Form.

Once you've updated your address, the Oregon DMV will send you a sticker with your new address to attach to your driver's license/ID card for free. If you'd prefer a replacement card, you can apply for a duplicate. Instructions can be found on our following pages:

If you'd like updated vehicle documents showing your new address, find out how to apply for replacements by visit our related pages:

Just Moved?

Find all the information you need to finish your moving requirements with the DMV.


Change your address online by visiting the Change of Address website.

By Mail or In Person

To change your address on your driver's license/ID card by mail, you will need to complete the Change of Address Notice for DMV Records (Form 735-6438). Either send your application to the address on the form or take it to your local OR DMV office in person.

NOTE: Mailing in your form will also change your address on your voter registration record if you are a registered voter.

Vehicle Registration Address Change

To change your address on your motor vehicle records you can simply write your new address on your vehicle registration AFTER you have notified the DMV of an address change. If you wish to obtain a new registration with your new address on it, you will need to fill out a Application for Registration, Renewal, Replacement or Transfer of Plates and/or Stickers (Form 735-268). Enclose $5 and mail to the address on the form.

If you've moved to a different Oregon county, you may be required to pass an emissions inspection once you've updated your address. More information can be found on our Car Inspections in Oregon page.

Fees to Change Your Oregon Address

Changing your address on your Oregon driver's license and vehicle records in free. If you'd like updated documents showing your new address, you'll need to pay the following fees for replacements:

  • Driver's license: $26.50.
  • ID card: $39.50.
  • Registration card: $5.
  • Certificate of title: Varies depending on your vehicle. See the OR DMV website for more information.

New Oregon Residents

If you're new to Oregon, you'll need to transfer your out-of-state driver's license to the DMV once you become a resident. Visit your local Oregon DMV office and submit:

  • Proof of your:
    • Name.
    • Legal U.S. presence.
    • Oregon address.
  • Your Social Security number (SSN).
  • Payment for the required fee.

Visit our Applying for a New License in Oregon page for complete instructions.

Within 30 days of moving to Oregon, you'll need to have your out-of-state car registered with the DMV. Visit our Car Registration page for more information.

Change Your Name in Oregon

If you've changed your name for any reason, such as marriage or divorce, you'll need to let the OR DMV know. You'll need to change your name on your OR driver's license/ID card, and vehicle documents separately.

Follow the instructions on our Changing Your Name in Oregon page.

Related Content

Provide Feedback BBB Business Review

Number of Organ Donors who registered through


people in the United States need a liver transplant


people are waiting for a heart transplant.

Looking for Change of Address in Another State?