Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Voter Registration in Oklahoma

    Not only can you conduct all manners of motor vehicle-related business, such as driver licenses and vehicle registrations with your local tag agent, but you can even register to vote in Oklahoma.


    In order to be eligible to vote you must meet the following requirements:

    • Be at least 18 years old.
    • Be an Oklahoma resident.
    • Be a U.S. citizen.
    • Not be a convicted felony within the time period equal to the original judgment and sentence, even if you are no longer incarcerated.
    • Have not been legally determined to be incapacitated.
    • Have not been legally determined to be partially incapacitated with a prohibition on voting.

    Registration Application

    In order to register to vote, you'll need to fill out a Oklahoma Voter Registration Application. Courtesy of the Oklahoma State Election Board website, you can download it using the free Adobe Reader, or just pick one up from your local tag agent.

    You'll need to provide the following information on your registration application:

    • Name and address.
    • Political affiliation.
    • Birth date.
    • Driver's license number.
    • Last 4 digits of your Social Security number if you don't have a driver's license.

    There is an oath on the registration form. You must sign and date the oath, swearing that you are eligible to vote.

    You may mail your application to the Oklahoma State Election Board at the following address:

    Oklahoma State Election Board
    State Capitol Building, Room B-6
    2300 N. Lincoln Blvd.
    P.O. Box 53156
    Oklahoma City, OK 73152

    If you complete your voter registration application at your local tag agent's office, they will mail it to the State Election Board for you.

    Voter Identification Card

    You are not considered registered to vote in Oklahoma until your application for voter registration has been approved by the election board in your county.

    Once you have been approved, you will receive a voter identification card in the mail, stating your name, address, political affiliation, and the polling place for your voting precinct.

    Make sure all the information is correct, and if there are any problems notify your local election board at once.

    Primary System

    Oklahoma has what is known as a "closed primary system," which means that you must vote for a candidate of your chosen party in all primary and primary run-off elections.

    If you are registered Independent, you will need to have an authorization from the party before you can vote in a primary or primary run off.

    Of course, all voters may vote on nonpartisan issues including judicial nominations and all county and state questions.

    Before an Election

    You must be registered to vote at least 24 days before any election in which you wish to vote. Voter registration cards cannot be issued during the 24 days prior to an election.

    If you apply during this 24 day time restriction, you will not receive your voter registration card until after the election.

    If you will be turning 18 years old within 60 days of Election Day, you may apply for your voter identification 25 to 60 days before Election Day.

    Cancelled/Inactive Registrations

    A voter registration can be cancelled or deemed inactive by the local election board for any of the following reasons:

    • The death of the voter.
    • The voter is convicted of a felony.
    • The voter is legally determined to be incapacitated.
    • The voter moved out of the area and registers elsewhere.
    • The voter receives a Voter Address Confirmation notice, but does not return it within 60 days.

    You may also request cancellation of your voter registration by sending a written, notarized request to the county election board, asking them to cancel your voter registration.

    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.