Replacing a Lost License in OklahomaPage Overview
- Apply for a Duplicate License in Oklahoma
- Replace Your License While Out of State
- Report a Missing Oklahoma Driver's License
- Related Content
Verified As Of: 05/07/2015?Our goal is to give you the most up-to-date, accurate information about your state DMV's processes. The date you see here reflects the most recent time we've verified this information with your state DMV. When they change something, we do, too!
Replacing Your Oklahoma Driver's License
If your Oklahoma driver's license is lost, stolen, or damaged, you will need to request a replacement from the Department of Public Safety (DPS).
NOTE: All important information on your driver's license must be legible, including your name, address, license number, bar code, endorsements, restrictions, date of birth, and expiration date.
To replace a lost, stolen, or damaged driver's license, you will need to apply in person at your local Oklahoma DPS license office. There are NO options to replace your driver's license online or by mail at this time.
NOTE: If you need to replace a lost commercial driver's license (CDL), visit our Replacing a Lost CDL in Oklahoma page.
When you visit your local Oklahoma DPS office, you will need to take the following with you:
- 1 document from the OK DPS list of primary documents, such as:
- A certified copy of your birth certificate.
- Your U.S. passport.
- Citizenship or naturalization documents.
- 1 document from the DPS list of list of secondary documents, such as:
- An additional primary document.
- A school or employer ID card.
- Your health insurance card.
- Payment for the $20 fee for a duplicate Oklahoma driver's license.
If you're currently out of the state or country and need to replace your Oklahoma driver's license, you can order a replacement by mail as long as it hasn't expired. You must provide your:
- Full name.
- Date of birth.
- OK driver's license number.
- Oklahoma address.
- Out-of-state address (where the duplicate needs to be mailed).
- 2 documents proving your identification. Or, if you have a department-generated finger image algorithm on file with the Oklahoma DMV, provide a finger image comparison.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope.
- A check or money order to cover the replacement fee, made out to the "Department of Public Safety."
Mail all of the above information and payment to:
Department of Public Safety
Driver License Examining, Renewal By Mail
P.O. Box 11415
Oklahoma City, OK 73136
Your replacement driver's license will be mailed to you.
Fee to Replace a Lost License
There is $20 fee to replace your lost, stolen, or damaged Oklahoma driver's license. Contact your local Oklahoma DPS office for accepted payment methods.
NOTE: If ordering a duplicate by mail, payment must be made by check or money order payable to "Department of Public Safety."
The Oklahoma DPS does not require you to report the loss or theft of your driver's license to law enforcement.
However, to help prevent identity theft or fraud, you can report a lost or stolen OK driver's license to local police. This way, you can obtain an official report of the incident in case someone tries to use your driver's license fraudulently.
If you think you are the victim of identity theft, see the Oklahoma Identity Theft Passport Program for more information about securing your identity.Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section