Renewing Your CDL in Oklahoma

Pass Your CDL Written Exam with
DMV Cheatsheets!

Get answers, save time and pass your CDL exam test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets advantages:

  • Use Your Computer, Tablet or Mobile Phone
  • Study When & Where You Want
  • 24/7 Online Access

Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed.

Renewal Application

You may renew your Oklahoma commercial driver's license (CDL) before it expires by calling your local tag agent to make an appointment for a renewal.

The application for renewal must be signed in your own handwriting. You may not apply for a CDL renewal by mail; Oklahoma law requires that you appear in person before a Department of Public Safety Examiner in order to renew a Class A, B, or C license. You may also have to get a new medical exam.

Renewal Fees

  • Class A: $51.50
  • Class B: $51.50
  • Class C: $41.50

You will also be charged a fee if you've if you change your name or address, if your license is lost, damaged, or destroyed, and if you add or remove an endorsement or restriction to your license.

Required Identification

When renewing your CDL in Oklahoma, you will be required to provide a primary form of identification. Acceptable identification must show your full name and date of birth. The acceptable documents are items such as a birth certificate, passport, driver license, or valid military I.D. card.

While your current Oklahoma license will suffice as the primary identification for a renewal, you will still need a secondary ID.

Even though the list of secondary identification is rather liberal, be advised that any secondary ID may be declined if the agent or other representative determines that it is unsuitable, if the ID appears to have been altered, or if the document has been damaged.

Here is a list of acceptable secondary documents:

  • Photo ID from any college, public school, employer or technical school
  • Oklahoma gun permit or fishing license
  • Pilot's license
  • Voter ID
  • Social Security card
  • School diploma, technical degree, medical license or other
  • Professional certification
  • Health insurance certificate
  • Marriage license
  • Deed to property

New Federal Requirements

You must self-certify your type of vehicle operation with the Oklahoma DPS. This means you must self-certify one of the following driving categories:

  • Non-Excepted Interstate
  • Excepted Interstate
  • Non-Excepted Intrastate
  • Excepted Intrastate

If you choose Non-Excepted Interstate, you must, in addition to a completed self-certification application, provide the DPS with a federal medical certificate.

Check out Oklahoma's FAQ page for more information.

Related Content

Provide Feedback

Be a Hero
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 0

heroes have registered as organ donors.

Find Your
Local DPS Office
Looking for Renewing Your CDL in Another State?