DMV Practice Tests in Oklahoma
Practice tests are available for all types of licensing tests, including learner's permit tests, motorcycle tests, and commercial driver's license (CDL) tests. Prep courses and study guides can also help you get ready for your Oklahoma written test.
Keep reading for more information about Oklahoma DMV practice tests.
Types of Oklahoma Practice Tests
Online practice tests are the perfect way to learn OK driving regulations AND get familiar with the format of the written test you'll take when you apply for a driver's license or learner's permit.
Practice tests are specific to the type of license or permit you're applying for and are based on Oklahoma's traffic laws.
You can get:
- A learner's permit practice test, if you're a teen applying for your permit.
- A driver's license practice test, if you're an adult getting your Oklahoma license for the first time.
- A motorcycle practice test, if you're applying for a motorcycle license or permit.
- A road signs practice test, if you just need practice recognizing road signs.
- Examen de practica para la licencia, if you want to prepare for the test in Spanish.
- A basic commercial driving practice test or a practice test for a specific CDL endorsement.
Your practice tests are based on a set of 50 or 100 questions (your choice), which are used to generate shorter tests similar to the OK written knowledge exam.
With a larger pool of questions, you'll get more review. You'll also never know exactly what you'll be asked—just the like state test!
Other Test Prep Materials
You may not feel ready to even take a practice test, or you might have taken one and got disappointing results.
Maybe you just need a little more preparation, something more engaging than the Oklahoma Driver's Handbook.
For more additional preparation, you can try:
- An online Preparation Course: This hour-long course presents OK's driving laws and regulations in an interactive, multimedia format.
- A printable Study Guide: This guide is like borrowing the notes of the smartest kid in class; thorough, relevant information in an organized format.
Preparation tools like prep courses and study guides can be a great alternative or enhancement to online practice tests.
Written Licensing Tests in OK
A written test is required for most types of Oklahoma driver's permits and licenses.
Learner's Permit Driver's License Tests
The Oklahoma written test is required when you apply for a learner's permit or for an OK driver's license from the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety (DPS).
NOTE: Some drivers with valid out-of-state driver's licenses may be exempt from the written test.
The written test for a standard (Class D) driver's license is based on the information in the OK Driver's Manual and covers:
- State and local traffic laws.
- Safe driving strategies.
- The effects of alcohol and drugs on driving AND the relevant laws.
If you pass the OK written knowledge test, you'll move on to the next step in the licensing process.
If you fail the written test, you cannot take it again for at least 1 day. You'll also pay a retesting fee:
- $4 for a learner's permit test.
- $4 for a driver's license test.
Avoid the extra time and cost of retesting by preparing with online practice tests.
Other Written Tests
Motorcycle and CDL tests are based on information from the relevant manuals.
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Purchase a DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet