Scooters, Mopeds, Etc... in Oklahoma
Mopeds are recognized as motor vehicles in Oklahoma and must be registered, tagged, and titled. If you paid sales tax when you purchased the moped, you won't have to pay it again when titling it.
Scooters which are built and designed for highway travel are recognized like motorcycles when you register and title one with the state. Registration and titling is not required for the small "sidewalk-style" or toy scooters.
Many of us are looking for alternate transportation these days because of rising fuel costs. Mopeds and scooters are good alternates, but you'll want to do some research before you buy. DMV.org has compiled a lengthy list of resources to help in your search:
For education and research:
- Transporting Your Motorcycle
- Electric Vehicles That Classify as a Motorcycle
- How to Fall/Lay Down the Bike
- Motorcycle Rallies/Events; Sturgis
- Scooters 101
- Must-Have Accessories
- Theft Prevention
- Finding a Trustworthy Mechanic
- Vintage Motorcycles and Scooters
For fun, check out: