Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Special Vehicles in Oklahoma

    Registering a car?

    It's a good time to check car insurance rates

    Find the lowest rate among top providers.

    Oklahoma Special Vehicles

    In Oklahoma, the Tax Commission requires you to title and register non-standard vehicles, such as all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), trailers, and off-road motorcycles. While the process to title and register these vehicles is very similar to registering and titling your standard automobile, different rules and regulations may apply to you.

    NOTE: If required, you must title your special vehicle within 30 days of your purchase or risk receiving a fine.

    You may also be interested in visiting some of our other pages:

    ATVs and Off-Road Motorcycles in OK

    All-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and off-road motorcycles (ORMs) must be registered and titled in Oklahoma.

    Register your ATV or ORM at your local tag office by completing an Application for Oklahoma Certificate of Title for a Vehicle (Form 701-6) and providing the manufacturer's certificate of origin or the original title signed over to you. You'll also need to provide a copy of the invoice or bill of sale you received when you bought the vehicle.

    You'll follow the same registration and titling procedures as you would to register your standard car. Visit our Register Car in Oklahoma page for more information.

    It will cost you $11 to title your ATV or off-road motorcycle with the Oklahoma Tax Commission.


    Snowmobiles are not required to be registered or titled in Oklahoma.

    OK Utility Vehicles

    Utility vehicles must be registered and titled in Oklahoma, if you purchased it on July 7, 2008 or later. The process is fairly similar to that of registering a regular car, however you do not need to provide proof of insurance or an odometer disclosure statement.

    You will need to pay:

    • The title fee.
    • Excise tax of 3.25% of your purchase price.
    • The registration fee which is based on the exact type of vehicle.

    For fee information, contact the Oklahoma Tax Commission directly.

    Trailer Registration in Oklahoma

    Only trailers that are used commercially must be registered and titled in Oklahoma. You will need to visit your local OK Tax Commission office with a completed Application for Oklahoma Certificate of Title for a Vehicle (Form 701-6). You will also need to pay the $46 registration fee. You will need to renew your trailer registration annually, which will cost you $4 each time.

    Trailers for personal use only, even if pulled on public roadways, do not require registrations, tags, or titles in Oklahoma.

    Farm Trailers

    Farm trailers are exempt from titling, but may be registered voluntarily if you wish to receive a farm tag. Registering your farm trailer will cost you $7 annually.

    NOTE: If your trailer does not have a vehicle identification number (VIN), the serial number or your Social Security number (SSN) will be used as its identification.

    If you choose not to register your farm trailer, you will need to display your OK driver's license number or license plate number of another one of your vehicles on the back of your trailer. The numbers will need to be at least 2 inches in height.

    OK Motorhome and RV Registration

    If you have a motorhome or recreational vehicle (RV) in Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Tax Commission requires you to have it registered before you drive it on any public road. Follow the same instructions as you would to register a regular car.

    Scooter and Moped Registration

    Depending on the engine size, speed, and power of your moped or scooter, you may need to register it with the OK Tax Commission.

    Contact your local tag office for complete details.