- Location: Oklahoma
Motorcycle Registration in Oklahoma
Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 EASY STEPS
Enter Your Zip Code:
If you own a motorcycle in Oklahoma, you will need to register it in order to drive it on or off the road. All vehicles in excess of 10 HP must be registered unless the vehicle is in junk or salvaged status. Even if you own a vehicle that is not is use, it must be registered.
The registration process for motorcycles is basically the same as that for regular four-wheeled vehicles―meaning, it's handled by the Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC), but you can take care of it with your local tag agent. Registration must be handled in person.
- Motorcycle renewal notice postcard.
- Proof of liability insurance.
- Check or money order for the applicable fees made payable to the OTC. Be sure to write your driver's license number on the check.
Motorcycle registration fees are based on the age of the vehicle, and your fee will be noted on your renewal notification post card.
Here is a listing of the fees by the age of the vehicle:
- 1st through 4th year of registration: $94
- 5th through 8th year of registration: $84
- 9th through 12th year of registration: $64
- 13th through 16th year of registration: $44
- 17th year and over: $24
Renewal fees are shown on your renewal postcard. You must also add the following charges in addition to your renewal fee:
- Registration decal only: $1
- Decal and license plate: $2
- Insurance Processing Fee $1.50
- Oklahoma Tax Commission
- P.O. Box 26940
- Oklahoma City, OK 73126-0940
You can get personalized license plates for your motorcycle in Oklahoma. Just download a copy of the Motorcycle Personalized License Plate Application using the free Adobe Reader. Fill it out and take it, along with the $22 fee for the personalized plate plus any additional registration fees, to your local tag agent.
For more information about personalized and specialized license plates for Oklahoma drivers, check out DMV.org's License Plates and Placards section.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard