Lost Traffic Ticket in Oklahoma
If you lost your Oklahoma traffic ticket, you'll need to contact the traffic court handling your case for specific ticket information. Be sure to ask about your ticket fines, deadlines, payment methods, and court date.
NOTE: The court will likely request some personal information before providing details about your lost traffic ticket.
Keep reading to learn more about lost Oklahoma traffic tickets.
If you received a traffic ticket within the Oklahoma City limits, you can search online for your ticket information. Search by:
- Citation number.
- Driver's license number.
- Your name.
Keep in mind that it may take up to 5 days from the citation date for your ticket to appear in the court's system.
A phone call is required for all other courts. Learn more by reading below.
You will need to call the court that was listed on your lost traffic citation. If you don't know the court, here's what to do:
- Determine where you received your OK traffic ticket. If you don't recall the town or city, pinpoint the county.
- Try recalling the citing law enforcement agency. If it was a municipal officer, call the municipal court. If you were ticketed by the sheriff's department or the highway patrol, call the district court. If you're unsure of the law enforcement agency, you may have to call both courts.
After tracking down the court, ask the court clerk on how to proceed with entering a plea.
Once you obtain your lost traffic ticket information, you will need to act fast. All OK traffic tickets are time sensitive, requiring a response within a designated period of time. If you miss the ticket's arraignment date, the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety (DPS) will suspend your OK driver's license and the court may issue a bench warrant for your arrest.
With this in mind, you must enter one of three pleas:
(Plead Guilty or No Contest)
- Pay the fine.
- Option to plea bargain penalties.
- Incur points on your driving record (could lead to license suspension/revocation).
- Possibly incur increase on auto insurance rates.
- Possibly have points reduced by attending traffic school
Learn more about
Pay Traffic Ticket.
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!