- Location: Oklahoma
Paperwork When Selling a Car in OklahomaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Page Overview
When you sell your car, you'll need the following paperwork:
- A notarized title, signed over to the new owner.
- A bill of sale or Declaration of Vehicle Purchase Price ONLY if the purchase price is not listed on the title.
If the title is lost, apply for a duplicate before trying to sell your car.
Though not mandatory, Oklahoma Tax Commission officials strongly suggest removing the bottom stub of the title (known as Oklahoma Certificate of Title Tear-Off Notice of Transfer Tab) and bringing it to your local tag office. An agent will then update your records on the computer. This will protect you against liability.
Tear-off tabs are only titles dated 2006 or newer. If you have an old title, without a tear-off tab, you can instead submit a Notice of Transfer of Ownership of a Vehicle.
As stated above, the buyer will need either a bill of sale or a Declaration of Vehicle Purchase Price to register and title your vehicle. You can, if needed, conveniently download a bill of sale from our Bill of Sale page.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard