- Location: Oklahoma
Boat Registration and Licenses in OklahomaGet Free Boat & Watercraft Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:Page Overview
What Not to Register
As of July 1, 2013 canoes, kayaks and paddleboats are no longer subject to titling and registration.
Note: A paddleboat is defined as any vessel less than 8 feet in length and propelled solely by human power via a belt, chain or gears.
- Boats documented by the U.S. Coast Guard, using Oklahoma waters for no more than 60 calendar days.
- Boats registered in another state, using Oklahoma waters for no more than 60 calendar days.
- Boats only used for racing.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC) handles boat registrations and titles.
- Complete a boat registration/title form.
- Complete a Boat or Outboard Motor Serial Number Confirmation form if your boat's outboard engine has a horsepower of 10 or more.
- Submit a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin if the boat is new. Or submit the boat's previous title if purchased from a private party.
- Drop these off at any any Oklahoma Tax Commission office and pay all applicable fees.
Registration fees are based on the dollar value of the boat and motor.
- Value under $150: The fee is $1.
- Value over $150: The fee is $1, plus $1 for every $100 or part of $100 above a value of $150.
- Active duty military: The annual fee is $17, if you fill out a U.S. Armed Forces Affidavit.
For older or used boats, the values will be computed based on marine dealers' publications.
You have the option of registering your boat for one year or three years. All registrations expire on June 30th of the year indicated on your motor registration decal.
Renew by Mail
Send to the address located on your renewal notification form.
Renew in Person
Drop off your renewal notification at any Oklahoma Tax Commission office.
Visit any Oklahoma Tax Commission office with your boat's identification number. Cost: $2.25
All kids ages 12 through 15 must own a boating safety certificate in order to operate a motorboat with ages 12 through 15.Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks