Boat Registration and Licenses in Oklahoma
Renew Your California Boat Registration Today!
Official California Boat Registration & Stickers Issued.
Overnight Delivery Available.
Renew your California Boat Registration online and Cartagz will instantly issue your official California registration and stickers.
California Boat Registration Online with CarTagz
- Saves you a trip to the DMV
- Helps you avoid late fees
- Offers next business day delivery
- Does not require a renewal notice
- Same Day E-Copy of Your New Registration Card.
Approved and contracted by the state, Cartagz provides a quick and easy alternative to standing in long lines at the DMV. For $29 (plus DMV fees), you can painlessly renew your registration in just a few simple steps.Page Overview
Boat Registration and Licensing in Oklahoma
All boat registration and titles are processed through the Oklahoma Tax Commission.
Whether you need information about how to get your boat registered, apply for a duplicate copy of your boat registration, or renew your boat registration, you have come to the right place.
Scroll down to find all the information you need to get your boat legal in Oklahoma.
Most boats used as a means of transportation.
What Not to Register
Canoes, kayaks and paddleboats are no longer subject to titling and registration.
- Boats registered in another state, using Oklahoma waters for no more than 60 calendar days.
- Boats only used for racing.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC) handles boat registrations and titles.
- Complete a Application for Certificate of Title for a Boat or Outboard Motor (Form BM-26).
- Complete a Boat or Outboard Motor Serial Number Confirmation (Form BM-10) if your boat's outboard engine is 10 horsepower or more.
- Submit a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin if the boat is new. Or submit the boat's previous title if purchased from a private party.
- Drop these off at any any Oklahoma Tax Commission office and pay all applicable fees.
Registration fees are based on the dollar value of the boat and motor.
For older or used boats, the values will be computed based on marine dealers' publications.
The maximum amount you will be charged for boat registration is $151. For more details on how to calculate your OK boat registration fee, please visit the website of the Oklahoma Tax Commission.
You have the option of registering your boat for 1 year or 3 years.
Currently you are not able to renew online.
Renewals must be done in person at a Tax Commission office or by mail.
Renew by Mail
To renew your boat registration by mail, you must send your request to the address located on your renewal notification form.
Renew in Person
You can also submit your boat registration renewal in person by dropping off your renewal notification at any Oklahoma Tax Commission office.
If you lose your OK boat registration card, decals or both, you can:
- Fill out a Affidavit for Replacement License Plate/Decal Annual Boat/Outboard Motor Decal (Form 797-D).
- Visit any Oklahoma Tax Commission office with your boat's identification number.
The cost will vary depending on what you need to replace. You can also mail in your request to the address on the form for an additional fee of $1.50.
All operators 12 to 15 years old must own a boating safety certificate in order to operate a motorboat with greater than 10 hp, a sailboat 16 ft or longer or a Personal Watercraft.
- Online: Take a state-approved online course through BoaterExam.com.
- Classroom: The Oklahoma Highway Patrol offers courses throughout the state.
You're not required to purchase boat insurance in Oklahoma. However, it's a good idea to carry a good boat insurance policy anyway.
Visit our boat insurance page to learn how you could protect yourself from a boating accident.Other Topics in This Section