Replacing a Lost Title in Ohio
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Although you should always keep your title in a safe place, it's easy to lose that vital document. Fortunately, if you can't find it, or if it's been stolen, destroyed, or damaged, it's simple to get a replacement.
Should the original title magically reappear later, please be sure to take it to the title office so that it can be canceled.
Have another title-related question? The state has a lengthy title FAQ page that covers a myriad of questions.
You can also refer to our complete Registration & Titling section.
Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.