DMV Practice Tests in OhioWritten Test Preparation Made Simple
Preparing for the written test has never been more convenient thanks to these online practice tests from our certified partner. You can study the tests online and even in line while you're at the DMV.
Driver Permit Test Packages
Package Price $9.99 $14.99 $24.99 Free with
Tests Variations Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited 1 Number of Questions 50 100 100 25 100% Online Practice Test State Specific Questions - State Driver Preparation Course - - - Start Test Start Test Start Test RegisterSUMMARY: DMV Practice Tests in Ohio
Online DMV practice tests are available for every type of license in Ohio, such as learner's permits, driver's licenses, commercial driver's licenses (CDL), and motorcycle licenses. To give yourself the best chance to pass the OH knowledge test on your first attempt, try taking a practice test first and utilize other study resources.
Continue reading to learn more about OH BMV practice tests.
Ohio DMV Practice Tests & Study Resources
The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) requires you to pass a written test to obtain your driver's license. To test your knowledge, you may want to take one of the following DMV practice tests:
- Ohio learner's permit: Take this practice test before you apply for your learner's permit at 15 years and 6 months old.
- Regular driver's license.
- Also available in Spanish (examen de practica para la licencia).
- Road signs: This practice test quizzes you on OH road signs and signals.
In addition to taking an Ohio BMV practice test, you can complete a Driver's Prep Course (the Ohio Driver's Manual in video format), or download and print a DMV Study Guide for additional preparation.
Special License Practice Tests
- OH motorcycle license: After you read the Motorcycle Operator's Manual to learn about rules and regulations for motorbikes, take the OH motorcycle practice test.
- Commercial driver's license (CDL): You can take a general CDL practice test as well as a practice test for the specific CDL endorsement you're applying for in Ohio.
Tips for Passing the OH BMV Written Test
The last thing you want is to fail the Ohio BMV knowledge exam after taking the trip to your OH BMV office. Here are some tips to help you pass on your first try:
- Read the Ohio Driver's Manual thoroughly. You may even want to read it a few times.
- If you learn better through videos and animations, try a Driver's Prep Course.
- Download and print a Study Guide to look at right before your knowledge test.
- Try passing one of the appropriate practice tests.
Sample DMV Practice Test Questions
Before you take an online practice test, view the following free sample DMV test questions below:
Sample Test Question #1
Your parent/guardian must sign the operator's license application if you're younger than __.
a) 16 years old.
b) 18 years old.
c) 20 years old.
d) 21 years old.
Sample Test Question #2
Unless indicated otherwise, the speed limit in a residential area is:
a) 15 MPH.
b) 20 MPH.
c) 25 MPH.
d) 35 MPH.
Sample Test Question #3
A flashing red traffic signal at an intersection has the same requirements as?
a) A slow sign.
b) A yield sign.
c) A stop sign.
d) An intersection sign.
About the OH DMV Written Exam
To obtain a learner's permit or driver's license in Ohio, you must pass a knowledge test in multiple-choice format that consists of:
- 20 questions on motor vehicle regulations (i.e., rules of the road, safety laws, BMV regulations).
- 20 questions on traffic signs.
You must answer 75% of the questions correctly in both sections to pass. If you fail the knowledge test, the Ohio BMV will not allow you to retest for at least 24 hours.
You do not have to make an appointment for the OH driver knowledge test. For specific DMV locations and hours please use our DMV Office Finder.
NOTE: To pass the general CDL written exam, you must answer 80% of the 50 questions correctly. For more details about CDL endorsement tests, please visit the Ohio BMV website.