Online Services in Ohio
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Ohio Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Motor Carrier Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Ohio Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
Not all licensing and motor vehicle transactions require a trip to the BMV. Ohio residents have a number of online driver and vehicle services at their fingertips. Check out our list below to see if you can handle your driving-related business from home.
Typically, driver services are handled through the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) of the Ohio Department of Public Safety. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby OH BMV office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Verify the issue date of your last drivers license.
- Pay a OH license reinstatement fee.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your driver's license.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Pay a traffic ticket fine online.
- Update your address with the state.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
- Update your emergency contact information with the OH BMV.
- Schedule a road test with the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a OH drivers license practice test.
- Take a OH drivers permit practice test.
- Take a OH commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a OH motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study an Ohio Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in an Ohio traffic school course if you received a traffic ticket.
- Commercial driver license (CDL) self-certification.
- Renew your International Registration Plan (IRP) online.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Bureau of Motor Vehicles of the Ohio Department of Public Safety and county title clerks (vehicle titling). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby OH branch office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Ohio.
- Renew an Ohio vehicle registration online.
- Check your registration renewal status.
- Replace a vehicle registration or license plate.
- Learn more on OH smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Perform a vehicle title search.
- Perform a watercraft title search.
- Obtain Ohio license plates.
- Exchange your OH license plate.
- Search available specialty license plates.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Ohio that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.