Changing Your Address in Ohio
Changing your address?
Perfect time to compare car insurance rates.
1. Start Your Quote:
Let's face it: Nobody enjoys moving. There are just too many headaches and too many things to worry about.
Fortunately, the state of Ohio makes it easy for you to change your vehicle registration address. In fact, you don't even have to leave the comfort of your new home. You can simply change your information online.
Of course, you may still go to a deputy registar's branch and change the information in person.
Or, if your prefer, you may send your full name, date of birth, driver's license number, previous address, and new address to:
- Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- ATTN: Record Clearance
- P.O. Box 16784
- Columbus, OH 43216-6784
You can also use the bureau's Change of Address form.
There is no charge to change your address; there is no time limit, either.
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- DMV New Resident Checklist
- Forms and Publications for New Residents
- Moving and Need to Change Your Address? Use This Address Change Checklist!
- Change of Address on Vehicle Registration and Titles
- Learn How to Change Your Address on Your Drivers License
- How to Notify the DMV of Your Address Change
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.