Boat Registration and Licenses in OhioGet Free Boat & Watercraft Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:Page Overview
- Inflatable boats
What Not to Register
All personal watercraft in Ohio must be registered.
- U.S. Coast Guard-documented vessels.
- Boats from other countries.
- Government agency-owned boats.
- Complete a Certified Watercraft Registration Application (DNR 8455).
- Bring the application along with a signed-off and notarized title, or one of the following (if the watercraft does not require a title): Manufacturer's Statement of Origin, Bill of Sale, or sales receipt to any Watercraft office.
- Pay all applicable fees.
Boat registration fees are based on a boat's length and type.
Boat registrations are valid for 3 years.
You may be able to renew online. Visa and MasterCard are accepted. If any boat information has changed, however, you will have to renew by mail or in person.
Renew by Mail
Mail to the address listed on your registration renewal notice.
Renew in Person
Visit any Watercraft Registration Agent. It's best to call ahead for hours. Bring proof of identification.
Replace Lost Registration
The fee for replacing a registration or tags is$4each.
- Division of Watercraft
- 2045 Morse Road
- Building A
- Columbus, Ohio 43229
To operate a boat that's powered by more than 10 horsepower, any boater born after January 1, 1982 must complete a boating education course.
- Online: State-approved course, taught by BOATER.exam.com. Click its link below for immediate course information.
- Classroom Course: Certified classes are held throughout the state.
- Home Study: Request online to have a course book and reference materials mailed to you. You complete the course at your own pace.
Other Topics in This Section
- Proficiency Exam: Take the exam at any Watercraft office, by appointment only.
True or False
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.