DMV Appointments in Ohio
The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) allows you to schedule appointments for driving tests, commercial driver license (CDL) tests and salvage title inspections. All other driver and vehicle services must be done at your local BMV office. See below for specific information.
Schedule a Driver Test
The Ohio BMV offers an online appointment scheduler for driver's tests only. You will need one of the following numbers to schedule your appointment:
- Ohio driver's license number
- Ohio identification card number.
- If you have neither of the above, but received a letter from the BMV, you will be instructed to enter a specified number from there.
- The driver's exam customer key number that appears at the top of your receipt.
You will also need:
- Date of birth.
- Last four digits of your Social Security number.
- First letter of your last name.
You may also contact your local driver exam station to schedule an appointment.
Schedule a Commercial Driver's License Appointment
To schedule an appointment for your CDL, call a CDL testing facility.
Schedule a Salvage Title Inspection Appointment
To schedule a salvage title inspection appointment, call your local vehicle inspection location. Be on-time for your appointment with correct paperwork or you will be rescheduled.
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to the OH BMV. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our Online Services page.
Suggested Times to Visit the OH BMV
If you must pay a visit to your OH BMV, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday