Forms in New York
Registering a car?
It's a good time to check car insurance rates
Find the lowest rate among top providers.
New York residents are fortunate: The NY DMV is right on top of things when it comes to making its forms and publications available online. All you need is Adobe's free PDF Reader in order to view, save, and print these documents at home.
Now you can fill out required forms in your own time and make sure that you have the proper information and paperwork before heading to your local DMV office.
Available forms range from traffic violation appeals and notification of military service to snowmobile registration and complaints about vehicle repairs. The forms are organized into two public-use sections and one business section―more than 170 forms in all. Many of the forms are available in Spanish.
Check out all of New York's DMV forms. This is a pretty comprehensive directory, so we've compiled quick links to the most popular forms.FREQUENTLY USED FORMS
- Application for Driver License or Non-driver ID Card (Form MV-44)
- How to Apply for a Learner Permit, Driver License, or Non-driver ID Card (Form MV-44.1) - instructions for the above form
- Proofs of Identity
- Vehicle Registration/Title Application (Form MV-82)
- Registering/Titling a Vehicle in New York State (Form MV-82.1) - instructions for the above form
- Proofs of Identity for Registration/Title (Form ID-82)
- Statement of Transaction (Sale or Gift) (Form DTF-802)
- Application for Duplicate Title (Form MV-902)
- Change of Address (Form MV-232)
- Application for a Metered Parking Waiver for Persons with Severe Disabilities (Form MV-664.1)
- Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
- Report of Motor Vehicle Accident (Form MV-104)
- Request for Copy of Accident Report (Form MV-198C)
- Solicitud Para Obtener La Licencia De Conducir O Una Tarjeta De Identificacion (Form MV-44S)
- Como Solicitar un: Permiso de Aprendiz, Licencia de Conducir, o Tarjeta de Identificacion para No Conductores (Form MV-44.1S)
- Comprobantes de Identidad para el Permiso de Aprendiz, la Licencia de Conducir, y la Tarjeta de Identificacion para No Conductores (Form ID-44S)
- Registro/Titularidad De Vehiculos En El Estado De Nueva York (Form MV-82.1S)
- Comprobantes De Identidad Para El Registro Y El Titulo (Form ID-82S)
- Solicitud de Duplicado de Titulo (Form MV-902-S)
Data and Press Releases
The DMV website offers statistical data and press releases that you may download for free. The statistical data covers various types of accident data and demographics for driver licenses and vehicle registrations for recent years as well as an archive of past years' statistics.
News releases go back several years, covering such topics as new teen driving laws, motorcycle safety courses, and other public advisories.Other Topics in This Section