- Location: New York
Forms in New YorkCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
New York residents are fortunate: The NY DMV is right on top of things when it comes to making its forms and publications available online. All you need is Adobe's free PDF Reader in order to view, save, and print these documents at home.
Now you can fill out required forms in your own time and make sure that you have the proper information and paperwork before heading to your local DMV office.
Available forms range from traffic violation appeals and notification of military service to snowmobile registration and complaints about vehicle repairs. The forms are organized into two public-use sections and one business section―more than 170 forms in all. Many of the forms are available in Spanish.
Check out all of New York's DMV forms. This is a pretty comprehensive directory, so we've compiled quick links to the most popular forms.FREQUENTLY USED FORMS
- Application for Driver License or Non-driver ID Card
- How to Apply for a Learner Permit, Driver License, or Non-driver ID Card (instructions for the above form)
- Proofs of Identity
- Vehicle Registration/Title Application
- Registering/Titling a Vehicle in New York State (instructions for the above form)
- Proofs of Identity for Registration/Title
- Statement of Transaction (Sale or Gift)
- Application for Duplicate Title
- Change of Address
- Application for a Parking Permit or License Plates, for Persons With Severe Disabilities
- Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
- Report of Motor Vehicle Accident
- Request for Copy of Accident Report
- Solicitud Para Obtener La Licencia De Conducir O Una Tarjeta De Identificacion
- Como Solicitar un: Permiso de Aprendiz, Licencia de Conducir, o Tarjeta de Identificacion para No Conductores
- Comprobantes de Identidad para el Permiso de Aprendiz, la Licencia de Conducir, y la Tarjeta de Identificacion para No Conductores
- Registro/Titularidad De Vehiculos En El Estado De Nueva York
- Comprobantes De Identidad Para El Registro Y El Titulo
- Solicitud de Duplicado de Titulo
Data and Press Releases
The DMV website offers statistical data and press releases that you may download for free. The statistical data covers various types of accident data and demographics for driver licenses and vehicle registrations for recent years as well as an archive of past years' statistics.
News releases go back several years, covering such topics as new teen driving laws, motorcycle safety courses, and other public advisories.Articles