DMV Forms in New York

The New York Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) makes most of its forms available online. All you need is Adobe's free PDF Reader in order to view, save, and print these forms at home.

If you do not see the form that you need, you may have to request it from your local DMV office.

Most Requested Forms

Application for Permit, Driver License or Non-Driver ID Card - MV-44

Apply for standard driver's licenses, permits, or ID cards, or to renew, replace, or make changes to them.

Solicitud Para Obtener la Licencia de Conducir o una Tarjeta de Identificacion de no COnductor - MV-44S

Spanish language application for a driver's license, permit, or ID card. Can also be used for renewals, replacements, & changes.

Application for Enhanced Driver License or Non-Driver ID Card - MV-44EDL

Apply for an ENHANCED license, permit, or ID card. Also use for renewals, replacements, and name/address changes.

Application for Title - MV-82TON

Application for a vehicle, motorcycle, trailer, or boat title.

Address Change - MV-232

Submit this form to provide a new address to the DMV for your license, permit, ID, and/or registration.

How to Apply for A New York Learner Permit, Driver License, Non-Driver ID Card - MV-44.1

Checklist and instructions for permit, driver's license, and ID card applications, renewals, and replacements.

Registering/Titling a Vehicle in New York State - MV-82.1

Instructions for using vehicle registration and title application, including a list of required documentation.

Registro/Titularidad de Vehiculos en el Estado de Nueva York - MV-82.1S

Spanish language instructions and document requirements for the vehicle registration and title form.

Vehicle Registration/Title Application - MV-82

Use this form for many registration and title transactions, including applications, renewals, replacements, and changes.

Driver's License & ID Forms

Application for a Social Security Card - SS-5

This form can be used to change your name on your social security card.

Certification of Supervised Driving - MV-262

Submit this form to verify your supervised driving requirement when you take the road test.

Notification of Military Service - MV-75

Submit this form when you join the military to postpone the expiration of your driver's license.

Statement of Identity and/or Residence by Parent/Guardian - MV-45

Use this form if your child doesn%u2019t have adequate proof of name or residence. MUST be completed AT the DMV office by a parent/guardian.

Teen Electronic Event Notification Service (TEENS) Enrollment and Consent - MV-TEENS

Use this form to enroll in a notification service to monitor your teenager's driving record.

Vision Test Report - MV-619

A licensed medical practitioner can test your vision and complete this form to accompany your license application or renewal.

Title & Registration Forms

Affidavit for Transfer of Motor Vehicle - MV-349.1

Include this form with title transfers from a deceased owner to a surviving spouse/child OR to someone else from the spouse/child.

Affirmation for Renewal/Lost Registration for Absentee Owner - MV-454

Military members stationed outside of NY can submit this form to allow someone else to renew a registration or request a duplicate.

- MV-902

Use this form to get a replacement title if your name or address changes, the owner is deceased, or you pay off a loan on the vehicle.

Solicitud de Duplicado del Titulo - 902-S

Spanish language form to apply for a replacement vehicle title.

Application for Military & Veteran Custom Plates - MV-412

Submit this form to order military and veteran license plates, including custom tags and disabled veteran plates.

Boat Registration/Title Application - MV-82B

Use this form to title and register your boat, to renew registration, or to request replacement documents.

- DTF-804

Submit this form if you are claiming sales tax credit in NY for sales tax paid in another state.

Claim for Sales and Use Tax Exemption - Title/Registration - DTF-803

Submit if you are exempt from sales tax because you are not a NY resident, are an exempt organization, or have another valid exemption.

In-Transit Permit/Title Application - MV-82ITP

Use this form to apply for a temporary registration that allows you to temporarily operate a vehicle in order to move it.

Notice of Lien - MV-900

Use this form when registering a vehicle you've financed.

Plate Surrender Application - PD-7

Submit this form to surrender your license plate if you will no longer use it on your vehicle.

Comprobantes de Identidad - ID-82S

Spanish language list of acceptable forms of ID for vehicle registration & titling.

Proof of Identity - ID-82

List of accepted forms of proof of identity for vehicle registration and title applications.

Snowmobile Registration Application - MV-82SN

Use this form to register a snowmobile or to renew, replace, or change the information on a snowmobile registration.

Statement of Ownership for Non-Title Vehicles, Boats, Snowmobiles and All-Terrain Vehicles - MV-51B

Use this form when you register OR transfer ownership of a vehicle that doesn%u2019t need a title.

Transfer of Vehicle Registered in Name of Deceased Person - MV-349

Family members can use this form to transfer a vehicle registration upon the death of the registered owner.

Vehicle Identification Number for Homemade Trailer - MV-272

Submit this form to get a vehicle identification number (VIN) for a homemade trailer as part of the registration process.

Historical License Plates - MV-440V

Instructions and form form for ordering historical license plates.

Application for Salvage Vehicle Examination - MV-83SAL

Use this application to have a recommissioned salvage vehicle inspected when retitling it.

Buying & Selling Forms

Certification of Sale or Transfer for 1972 or Older Vehicles or Any Other Non-Titled Vehicles - MV-51

Use this form to transfer ownership of a vehicle that isn't required to have a title.

Certification of Disposition of Vehicle on Behalf of Absentee Owner - MV-456

Complete this form if you're in the military and need to give someone permission to sell your vehicle on your behalf.

Odometer and Damage Disclosure Statement - MV-103

Use this form to report vehicle mileage and damage to a buyer if you can't include the information on the back of the title.

Statement of Transaction - DTF-802

Submit this form if you bought or received a motor vehicle, boat, ATV, snowmobile, or trailer and DID NOT pay sales tax.

Ticket & Violations Forms

Report of Motor Vehicle Accident - MV-104

Submit this form to report a motor vehicle accident. If you do not report an accident, your license can be suspended.

Request for Copy of Accident Report - MV-198C

Order an accident report for an accident you were involved in.

Request for DMV Records - MV-15

Use this form to order DMV records, including driving records, registration records, copies of tickets, and other documents.

Request for Driving Record Information - MV-15C

Submit this form to request your driving record or another person's record IF you have a legally valid reason.

Traffic Violations Bureau (TVB) Appeal Form - AA-33

Complete this form to appeal a conviction and/or penalty for a traffic violation.

Commercial Forms

Medical Certification Requirements for Commercial Drivers - MC-11A

Submit this form to verify your medical certification for commercial vehicle operation.

Disability Forms

Application for a Parking Permit or License Plates, for Persons with Severe Disabilities - MV-664.1

This application is used for ordering disability placards or plates. The form must include a doctor's assessment and signature.

Application for Military & Veteran Custom Plates - MV-412

Submit this form to order military and veteran license plates, including custom tags and disabled veteran plates.

Dealer Forms

Original Facility Application - VS-1

Complete this form as part of the dealer licensing process. The form can only be used by dealers and transporters.

Statement of Ownership and/or Permission to Use Plates of Business - VS-19

Submit this form certifying your business location when you apply for a motor vehicle dealer license.

MV-50 Retail/MV-50W Wholesale Order Form - VS-144I

Use this form to order a new book of certificates of sale (MV-50 or MV-50W forms).

Related Content

Provide Feedback

Looking for DMV Forms in Another State?