- Location: New York
Defensive Driving in New YorkThe Point and Insurance Reduction Program
Now 100% Online with No Tests and No Exams.
When you enroll in an approved defensive driving class, you:
- Receive a 10% reduction in the base rate of your auto and motorcycle insurance premiums.
- Refresh your driving knowledge.
- First Online Defensive Driving Course Approved by the DMV
- Can be eligible to reduce as many as 4 points off your New York driving record.
Find a DMV approved
New York Defensive Driving Course Online:
Defensive driving is a method of driving that minimizes the number of driving risks, using more advanced skills than just your basic training. When you employ defensive driving techniques, you become a better, safer, and smarter driver―one who is better prepared for the hazards ahead.
The most hands-on way to learn defensive driving techniques is through a local traffic school.
Too, the New York Driver's Manual devotes an entire chapter to defensive driving, and lists the following as the basic techniques:
- Be prepared and look ahead.
- Maintain proper speed.
- Signal when turning or changing lanes.
- Leave enough space, in distance and time, between you and other vehicles.
- Wear your seat belt.
- Don't drive if you are tired, medicated, or under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medication.
- Maintain your vehicle.
Be sure to check out DMV.org's New York Traffic School page for a schedule and location near you.Articles